- Partnership between Koda CrossFit and University of Oklahoma Men’s Rugby TeamPosted 20 days ago
- American Weightlighting: The DocumentaryPosted 26 days ago
- New Research Puts CrossFit Workouts to the TestPosted 27 days ago
- Maxwod: Crossfit Equipment From Expert Box OwnersPosted 28 days ago
- WODshop.com Athlete Sgt. David (Davey) Lind participates in His First Ever CrossFit CompetitionPosted 28 days ago
- Friends & Farms Launches Pickup Site at CrossFit Federal HillPosted 28 days ago
- My Fitness File software releasedPosted 30 days ago
- Premier CrossFit Coach Doug Katona Introduces Athlete CellPosted 105 days ago
- Crossfit Coppell Central Prepares to Transform Bodies … and LivesPosted 121 days ago
- RXchips announces a new CrossFit product that helps you count rounds during a workout (WOD).Posted 142 days ago
Tiffany Finds Success at Desert CrossFit
I would love to share a bit of my fitness journey with you. My name is Tiffany Bowman. I’m 38 years old, a mother of four children and a wife. I have struggled with my weight for the past 18 years, reaching my heaviest weight at 226 lbs. Having been an active person most of my life, I played softball growing up, moved into step aerobics after high school, then found Billy Blanks and loved kickboxing.
In 2008 I was certified with AFA (American Fitness Association) as a group aerobics instructor. That same year I also received my Turbo Kickboxing instructor certification. In 2009 I became pregnant with my fourth child and gained 60 lbs. Although I felt blessed to have had my first girl, I was unhappy with my weight and how I felt about myself.
My friend told me she was doing CrossFit and it sparked my curiosity. I did some research and started at Desert CrossFit March 2011. I still remember being so sore the first week. I couldn’t sit or walk! I just knew I wanted to keep going and see if I could get through the WODs. Each week I felt stronger and I noticed I was getting thinner.
Within three months I was already down two dress sizes. After being introduced to Paleo, I changed my eating habits and saw some major changes. Within 6 months I lost 26lbs and dropped to a size 6.
Desert CrossFit has become a place where I can come together with amazing people that motivate and encourage me. I have also learned that I can do anything I put my mind to. CrossFit has changed my life! It keeps me focused and strong. I am filled with love for myself and feelings of accomplishment when I finish and Rx a WOD. I can’t imagine my life without CrossFit now. I truly believe strong is the new sexy!