- Partnership between Koda CrossFit and University of Oklahoma Men’s Rugby TeamPosted 14 days ago
- American Weightlighting: The DocumentaryPosted 19 days ago
- New Research Puts CrossFit Workouts to the TestPosted 20 days ago
- Maxwod: Crossfit Equipment From Expert Box OwnersPosted 21 days ago
- WODshop.com Athlete Sgt. David (Davey) Lind participates in His First Ever CrossFit CompetitionPosted 21 days ago
- Friends & Farms Launches Pickup Site at CrossFit Federal HillPosted 21 days ago
- My Fitness File software releasedPosted 24 days ago
- Premier CrossFit Coach Doug Katona Introduces Athlete CellPosted 98 days ago
- Crossfit Coppell Central Prepares to Transform Bodies … and LivesPosted 115 days ago
- RXchips announces a new CrossFit product that helps you count rounds during a workout (WOD).Posted 136 days ago
WOD Gear’s Team Series Returns to Pasadena with Crossfit’s Fittest Athletes
WOD Gear Clothing will host its third annual crossfit competition, The Team Series, on the campus of Caltech in Pasadena, California. This all-day event will showcase over 300 athletes, and feature food vendors and retail pop-ups on-site.
Pasadena (I-Newswire) July 12, 2013 – People love to compete. Fastest hot dog eater, most talented, best singer, greatest swimmer – competition brings on excellence. Enter The Team Series, WOD Gear Clothing’s own crossfit competition which first made its debut in 2011. The third annual Team Series takes place on Saturday, August 17, 2013 at one of the top science universities in the world, California Institute of California — Caltech, located in Pasadena, Calif. The crossfit competition is an all-day event that tests the endurance, strength, mobility and all-around mettle of the teams and the individuals within each team. The event will culminate with the top three team winners. Cash and product prizes will be awarded.
The competitors are men and women with age ranges from 18 to 50 years old. They come from a spectrum of professions and walks of life such as students, moms, law enforcement, physicians, teachers, attorneys and those who love fitness, being fit and absolutely crave competition. This Series continues to outreach beyond the borders of Pasadena, with athletes also arriving from Las Vegas to participate and compete.
Co-owner, Gabriel Pelino states, “We are really excited to be hosting our 3rd annual WOD Gear team competition at Caltech in Pasadena. We have been thrilled by the continued growth and support of the crossfit community, the Pasadena community, and the users and supporters of our brand. We look forward to another epic time for the athletes and spectators.”
Why The Team Series is notable this year:
• Registration sold out within 7 minutes of opening.
• 80 teams, each team consisting of 2 men and 2 women, for a total of 320 athletes
• A mini-triathlon is being incorporated into the competition – not typical with crossfit
The Team Series has gained visibility and awareness within the crossfit community, and has become WOD Gear’s “signature event”, in which its customers, fans and ambassadors have looked forward to spectating and participating every year since its inception.
Throughout the day fans and spectators will not only enjoy the competition, but will also have the opportunity to eat, drink and shop at various food and retail vendor booths.
**Interested volunteers should contact WOD Gear at 800-850-6570.
**Interested vendors should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-850-6570.
WHEN: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 7:00 am – 4:30pm. **Check-in for participants 6:00 am**
WHERE: Caltech – 1200 East California Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91125
ONLINE: To learn more go to www.wodgearclothing.com
Hashtags: #wodgear , #WODGearTeamSeries
About WOD Gear Clothing:
WOD Gear Clothing is a fitness apparel brand with its roots in creating durable and fashionable workout wear for the crossfit community. WOD, which stands for “workout of the day” is a universal term for crossfitters, and embodies the strength, determination and stamina of its athletes, both in body and in mind. WOD Gear Clothing began as an online retailer, and quickly grew a huge customer and fan base. Now with a retail store in Pasadena, California, the WOD Gear brand and logo have become a globally-recognized fitness brand. Its product line includes tights, shorts, hoodies, socks and various fitness accessories for men and women, and all items are made in the U.S.A. To shop online or for store details, go to www.wodgearclothing.com. Fans can interact with WOD Gear at www.facebook.com/wodgear or via Twitter @WODGear or instagram.com/wodgear. Hashtags: #wodgear and #WODGearTeamSeries