- Partnership between Koda CrossFit and University of Oklahoma Men’s Rugby TeamPosted 17 days ago
- American Weightlighting: The DocumentaryPosted 22 days ago
- New Research Puts CrossFit Workouts to the TestPosted 24 days ago
- Maxwod: Crossfit Equipment From Expert Box OwnersPosted 24 days ago
- WODshop.com Athlete Sgt. David (Davey) Lind participates in His First Ever CrossFit CompetitionPosted 25 days ago
- Friends & Farms Launches Pickup Site at CrossFit Federal HillPosted 25 days ago
- My Fitness File software releasedPosted 27 days ago
- Premier CrossFit Coach Doug Katona Introduces Athlete CellPosted 102 days ago
- Crossfit Coppell Central Prepares to Transform Bodies … and LivesPosted 118 days ago
- RXchips announces a new CrossFit product that helps you count rounds during a workout (WOD).Posted 139 days ago
Premier CrossFit Coach Doug Katona Introduces Athlete Cell
August 27, 2013 — Strength and conditioning expert and popular CrossFit Games coach Doug Katona has teamed up with long-time partner Brian MacKenzie to create Athlete Cell, a new and unique programming template for elite CrossFitters and other top athletes. After finding success coaching top Games athletes such as Talayna Fortunato, Guido Trinidad, Noah Ohlson, Jeremy Kinnick, Rika Diedericks and more, Katona and MacKenzie have decided to create a larger platform to deliver their methodology to an even greater range of athletes. The new programming regimen will include features like video instruction and feedback, in-person meetings and nutrition plans, and will emphasize biomechanics and movement efficiency.
“I wanted to create Athlete Cell as a place where athletes can get more than just programming – they can get help with their nutrition and lifestyle, truly be coached on their biomechanics, find strength mentally as well as physically, and be treated as a part of one large family of athletes,” Katona says. “Athlete Cell is about more than just creating elite CrossFitters – it’s also about transferring the knowledge to more coaches and create better coaching, so that our message can touch even more athletes.”
At the brand new website, athletecell.com, athletes and affiliates alike can peruse tiers of differently priced options based on varying levels of involvement with Katona, MacKenzie and the rest of the Athlete Cell coaches. The Athlete Cell also offers programming options for affiliates as a whole looking to add a competitor level track.
The Athlete Cell family will also have access to special partnerships with several sponsors. Katona and MacKenzie are also planning a series of Athlete Cell camps meant to bring top athletes together to hone their skill sets.
“Athlete Cell is sure to take elite programming to the next level,” Katona says. “We’re very excited to spread our message on a greater platform.”
About Doug Katona: Coach Katona brings over two decades of strength and conditioning experience to Athlete Cell. In addition to being the Managing Partner and Head Coach of CrossFit Endurance, Katona currently trains some of the most elite CrossFit Games and Regionals athletes in the country. Katona also works with athletes on their nutrition, and is the co-founder of 3Fuel supplements. A big believer of life outside the gym, he also spends time serving on the board of Faith Rx’d, a non profit created to unite Christians in the CrossFit community. Prior to his work in with CrossFit athletes, Katona acted as an athletic training consultant to major NFL sports agencies, working with industry moguls like Leigh Steinberg and Warren Moon. He has trained numerous professional athletes across various sports such as swimming, track & field, and football. Katona is featured in many publications and multi-media as a strength and conditioning expert, and travels internationally to spread his knowledge. A graduate of USC, Katona’s background as an athlete includes having played on the baseball USA Ambassadors Team, being a Cat. 2 cyclist, and, of course, an avid CrossFitter himself. Katona specializes in movement, biomechanics and sports nutrition.