- CrossFit Community Raises An Amazing $354k For Paralyzed Competitor Kevin OgarPosted 2 months ago
- inov-8 Announces Team inov-8 2014Posted 3 months ago
- The Merrymaker Sisters Show That Paleo Can Be Fun, Easy and DeliciousPosted 3 months ago
- Partnership between Koda CrossFit and University of Oklahoma Men’s Rugby TeamPosted 5 months ago
- American Weightlighting: The DocumentaryPosted 5 months ago
- New Research Puts CrossFit Workouts to the TestPosted 5 months ago
- Maxwod: Crossfit Equipment From Expert Box OwnersPosted 5 months ago
- WODshop.com Athlete Sgt. David (Davey) Lind participates in His First Ever CrossFit CompetitionPosted 5 months ago
- Friends & Farms Launches Pickup Site at CrossFit Federal HillPosted 5 months ago
- My Fitness File software releasedPosted 5 months ago
Arizona’s Largest Fitness Experience Returns to Phoenix
540 of Region’s Finest Athletes Compete for $15,000 in Prize Money during SICest of the Southwest II Competition at 2013 Europa Games Tour
What: Global fitness brand SICFIT (www.SICFIT.com) is hosting the SICest of the Southwest II Fitness Competition at the Phoenix Convention Center October 19. The daylong event will showcase 540 athletes vying for $15,000 in prize money (provided by NutriForce Sports) during the 2013 Europa Games Tour.
Participants will compete in four athletic divisions including limited Male and Female Pros as well as RX and Intermediate teams. (RX means elite athletes performing movements as prescribed). Workouts will be programmed by first ever Reebok CrossFit Games champion, James FitzGerald (2007) of Optimum Performance Training and were released on SICFIT.com two weeks prior to the competition.
* New for 2013 – SICFIT Ambassador Steph Hammerman will be leading the first-ever adaptive athlete showcase during the competition. Hammerman is the world’s first certified CrossFit instructor with cerebral palsy.
Why: This is the second time Europa has hosted its national expo in Arizona, as it remains a committed partner to SICFIT and the region. Likewise SICFIT remains committed to providing forums for athletes to reach new goals through its social platform SICFIT.com, community events, competitions similar to SICest of the Southwest II and in its gyms SICFIT San Diego and SICFIT Scottsdale.
When: Saturday, October 19
Daylong event begins at 9 a.m.
* Press Conference with Athletes (Friday the 18th at 6 p.m.)
Where: Phoenix Convention Center
100 N. Third St.,
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- CrossFit Invictus (Last year’s champion team)
- Andrea Ager
- Amanda Goodman
- Tiffany Hendrickson
- Alessandra Pichelli
- Moses Cordova
- Ryan Fischer
- Kenneth Leverich
- Danny Nichols
- Paul Smith (last year’s SICest champ)
For those unable to attend the press conference or competition, watch the live stream on SICFIT.com or stay connected through
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/SICFITChannel
- Facebook: facebook.com/sicfit
- Twitter: @sicfit
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/sicfit/
- LinkeIn: linkedin.com/company/sicfit